This Privacy Statement applies to the collection, use and disclosure of information about you on the Global Brands Group Holding Limited website, http://www.globalbrandsgroup.com, and mobile application or social media platforms (“Website” or “Websites”) and does not apply to third party websites accessible via hyperlinks from this Website, or other Fung Group entities or websites. We may on occasion link to other websites, including Brand websites, which will have their own privacy statements that we encourage you to review. This Privacy Statement applies to personal information Global Brands Group obtains from and about individuals or applicants interacting with Global Brands Group and our Websites. It does not apply to personal information about Global Brands Group employees.
By using our Website in any way, such as browsing or interacting, you signify that you agree with the terms of our current Privacy Statement as posted here. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not use our Website. Global Brands Group may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting a new version on this home page, with the date of last update noted. We encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed as your continued use of our Websites following the posting of changes to these terms means that you consent to such changes.
2. Information Collection
You can visit our Website without telling Us who you are or revealing personally identifiable information about yourself. You can, however, voluntarily provide personally identifiable information. The types of information that Global Brands Group may collect about you include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state, ZIP code, email address and telephone number)
- Demographic information (such as age range, gender, marital status, ZIP code, and household composition)
- Photographs and videos (that may be submitted via Websites or other means)
- Employment application information (such as SSN, Driver’s license, financial information, background screening, and gender or race [as permitted by law])
If you choose to participate in activities such as Website registrations, questionnaires, surveys, service contacts, mobile applications, social media platforms, or through our job applicant page, Global Brands Group will collect the personal information that you provide. We may enhance or merge the information that you provide to Us directly with information from other sources, including third parties, for the purposes described below.
3. Information Use
We may collect, maintain and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- helping to establish and verify the identity and eligibility of users;
- opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users profiles, accounts or memberships;
- providing services and support to users;
- analyzing and improving the Website, including tailoring it to users´ preferences;
- providing users with company updates;
- sending you notices and other information about Global Brands Group or its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, including financial reports and other information relevant to investments;
- responding to your inquiries;
- maintaining the security and integrity of our systems; and
- conforming to legal requirements, complying with legal process or defending our legal rights.
Information that you provide when applying for a job or an internship via our job applicant page is used for providing you with information about employment opportunities, administering the application process and considering you for employment.
4. Technology Logging, Cookies, and Related Techniques
Global Brands Group Websites use “cookies” to remember user preferences and to maximize the performance of our website and services. Using cookies on our websites provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to maintain your account login information or contact information.
Similarly, we may also place Web beacons in our emails to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email and any URL accessed through our email message.
To measure site activity and provide a better user experience, we may allow our service providers or business partners (including third party analytics providers) to compile information from the cookies, Web beacons or other technologies on our websites which may include information about your visit (such as demographic data, browser type, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page and the day and time of your visit).
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from a web site browser. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer, or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of Our websites may be impaired.
5. Data Sharing and Storage
Global Brands Group will not sell your personal information to any other third party for their own use unless We disclose this to you at the time the information is collected and obtain your consent. We do not currently share your personal information with any outside third parties in order for them to market directly to you.
Global Brands Group may disclosure your information to third parties for the following reasons:
- We may use unaffiliated companies such as agents or contractors (“Third Parties”) to help Us maintain and operate our Websites, to provide you with services that you have requested, or for other reasons related to the operation of our business (such as disseminating investor related information upon request, or managing our job application portal). In the event We provide personal information to these Third Parties, they are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide the required services for Us.
- We reserve the right to release your personal information if required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or upon request of government authorities.
- We may provide your personal information to affiliated entities or third parties in connection with the sale or transfer of a business to which you submitted your information, or in the event of a corporate change.
Global Brands Group may share your personal information with its affiliated companies and subsidiaries for marketing reasons.
Your personal information will be stored in Global Brands Group databases, affiliated company or subsidiary databases, or databases managed by third party service providers, which are located within and outside of the United States, and will be automatically transferred to these databases for storage and maintenance. These databases may be located in countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the country in which you reside.
6. Social Media Platforms
Our Websites’ web pages may embed plugs-ins, widgets or other apps of various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. An example of such a plug-in is Facebook’s “Like” button. When you encounter those embedded objects, your internet browser may make a direct connection to the social media platform’s service and may share with the social media platforms information such as which of our Websites you have visited.
7. Mobile Applications Privacy Statement
Global Brands Group has developed certain mobile applications that you may download to your mobile device. When you download a mobile application there may be an opportunity for you to provide Us with or for Us to obtain information about you such as contact information, product preferences, photographs, and other identifying information. Information obtained through a mobile application will be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the App, upon first use, will provide a link that allows you to see this Privacy Statement before registering or using the App.
Global Brands Group will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. Agents or contractors of Global Brands Group who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for Global Brands Group are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Global Brands Group. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
Global Brands Group has no intention of collecting any personal information from individuals under 13 years of age, and users under age 13 should not submit any personal information to us. Where appropriate, Global Brands Group will specifically instruct children not to submit such information on our Websites. If We become aware that a child has provided Us with personal information or a parent or guardian of a child contacts Us through the contact information provided below, We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
10. Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. Global Brands Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the other websites. Please note that the privacy policies applicable to such third party websites may differ significantly from the Global Brands Group Privacy Statement, so We advise you to read them carefully before using those websites. Global Brands Group cannot be held liable for any actions by or content of such third party websites.
11. Contact Us/ California Privacy Rights
Global Brands Group is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints or disputes about privacy. Please send Us your questions or comments regarding our privacy practices by emailing Us at email@example.com, or sending Us a letter addressed to:
ATTN: Global Brands Group Privacy Inquiries
350 5th Avenue, 9th Floor
NY, NY 10118
California residents may have certain additional rights including the right to information, including information about how personal information is shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. Please be aware that we do not share your information with third parties for any direct marketing purposes.
Effective Date: June 25, 2014